The mission of the Brunswick Business and Industry Incubator is to provide new and growing businesses the tools necessary for success.
Business incubation programs are designed to accelerate the development of entrepreneurial occupants through an array of business support resources and services. These services are intended to increase the survival rate of occupants’ businesses for the retention of employees and to enhance business expansion opportunities to grow the local economy.
- The leasing structure is designed to gradually fit as the business grows.
- The program is designed to nurture a business within three years. This incubator can occupy up to three new businesses for the creation of as many as 20 jobs within 24 months.
- The business incubator consists of 2,800 square feet of renovated space at the corner of the existing Leland Center building and an additional 1,900 square feet of new space in a prefab structure.
- Brunswick Community College will support business development through services provided by the Small Business Center and Workforce Development Training through a collaborative effort with the Brunswick County Economic Development Commission.
- The type of industry to occupy the facility will be that of light manufacturing, and warehouse distribution such as:
- For research
- Assembling components
- Cooking and baking distributor
- Shipping and receiving and warehousing
- Welding, painting, heat treatment, machining or grinding
The Brunswick Business & Industry Incubator was made possible through community partnerships with Golden Leaf Foundation, U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA), and Brunswick Community College.