What college costs are covered by the Brunswick Guarantee?
This scholarship covers all in-state tuition and fees not covered by financial aid or scholarships.
Who is eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee?
Brunswick County high school graduates from public, private, and home schools who meet the following criteria:
- United States citizens or documented lawful permanent residents of the United States
- Enrolled in a Brunswick County public school, private school, or home school in Brunswick County for the duration of their high school education
- Graduated in 2016 or in subsequent years (2016 graduates will be the first group eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee)
- Earned at least a 2.3 unweighted GPA in high school
- Complete the BCC scholarship and federal financial aid application (FAFSA) processes
- Enroll in a curriculum program (certificate, diploma, or degree) at BCC within four semesters (fall, spring, summer, fall) after graduating from high school. Developmental coursework is not funded by the Brunswick Guarantee.
How do I remain eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee?
- Continue in good academic standing with BCC by maintaining a minimum of a 2.0 in college coursework and completion of at least 67% of credit hours attempted each semester
- Complete the federal financial aid (FAFSA) and scholarship application processes annually
How long do I qualify for funds awarded through the Brunswick Guarantee?
Qualified students will be allowed no more than two program of study changes and will have a lifetime eligibility of 150%, pending funding availability. For example, a student who enrolls in a 60 credit hour college transfer degree would need to complete the program within 90 credit hours.
To learn more about the Brunswick Guarantee, please contact Brunswick Community College Student Services & Enrollment Management at 910.755.7320.
Additional terms and conditions may apply.