Welcome to Brunswick Community College’s Practical Nursing page and thank you for considering us in pursuit of your career goals! The faculty in the Practical Nursing program has a deep respect for all students, and is committed to preparing the next generation of excellent nurses. We embrace the values of caring, diversity, excellence, integrity, respectfulness, responsibility, safety and professionalism.
Your education at BCC will be personalized and rewarding, and will occur in a learning environment that is exciting, culturally rich and nurturing. If you are looking for a new career as a licensed practical nurse (LPN) our program will provide you with the training you need in less time than you think. The Practical Nursing program is designed to be completed in one year.
Practical Nursing Program
The Practical Nursing curriculum prepares individuals with the knowledge and skills to provide nursing care to children and adults. Students will participate in assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care.
Graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN) which is required for practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Employment opportunities include hospitals, rehabilitation/long term care/home health facilities, clinics, and physicians’ offices.
To begin your nursing career, you must complete the following:
• Successfully pass DMA 010 to 050
• Related courses of ENG 111, BIO 163 (or BIO 168 & 169), PSY 110 (or PSY 150 & 241) with a “C” or better
• State-approved Nurse Aide I program and be listed on the NC Board of Registry
• Pass the National League for Nursing (NLN) Pre-exampination PAX test with a 105 composite score or higher.
We invite you visit our Documents & PDF’s section below for additional information.
- Brunswick Community College has been ranked in the top 10 best LPN programs in the State of North Carolina
- 100% first time test taker pass rate for 10 consecutive years
- Ranked #1 in TopNursing.com’s Top LPN Programs in NC
Documents & PDFs