The Office of Planning & Research is responsible for coordinating the College’s assessment process and state-mandated reporting, as well as generating informational data that ensures the institution’s compliance with federal and state funding and accreditation agencies.
Additionally, the College’s grant process is managed through this department. Please visit the BCC Grants Resource page for more information.
Brunswick Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees. Contact (SACSCOC) at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Brunswick Community College. The Commission is only to be contacted for accreditation-related issues.
Strategic Planning and Assessment:
The BCC Institutional Effectiveness Process provides the cornerstone for assessment and planning at the College to meet the requirements of SACSCOC Core Requirement 2.5 and its implementation and documentation to meet Compliance Standard 3.3.1 and related sub-components. Assessment activities are tracked across College Planning Units through use of an online assessment software called Compliance Assist. For more information about the different assessment modules used by the College, please contact the Director, Office of Planning & Research.
Compliance Assist Links for Planning, Program Review and Accreditation:
- Compliance Assist Main Login (Faculty and Staff only)
- Planning and Program Review Module Training Login
Data and Reporting:
North Carolina Community College System Links:
- NCCCS Business Intelligence Annual Reporting Plan Due Dates 2014-15
- NCCCS Performance Measures Report 2014
- NCCCS Performance Measures Report 2013
IPEDS 2014-15 Data Collection: (New links will not be provided until the Collection opens)
(NOTE: Staff responsible for reports must have their reports available for review at least five business days PRIOR to the Keyholder deadline unless notified otherwise.)
- IPEDS Surveys Log In (password protected site)
- Schedule of IPEDS Collection Due Dates
If you are responsible for uploading data into an NCHED report, please contact the Office of Planning and Research for the report specific applicable password.
Institutional Review for Outside Research Requests:
Brunswick Community College has an Institutional Review Board that assesses research requests made to the College to assure the safety and protection of potential research subjects. The IRB is chaired by Dr. Burt Browning, Chair of Business, Information, and Technology (email@example.com). To have a research project reviewed by the IR Team, please review the BCC IRB Policy and submit the following information in a letter to Dr. Browning at least one month in advance of your requested start date.
- Name of Researcher and credentials
- Researcher contact information (including phone number, address and email address)
- Affiliated Organization supporting the request (College, University, Other – please specify)
- Synopsis of the Project
- Supporting documentation (e.g., sample letter to study participants, etc.)
- If the project is for a doctoral program, please identify the name of your Committee Chair and their contact information (including College name, email address). Also provide the appropriate IRB approval from your institution.
- Requested project start date and projected completion date
- Population specific to proposed study
Please be aware that all costs associated with the dissemination of a project to potential research subjects, including paper, postage, envelopes, etc., are the responsibility of the outside researcher. The Office of Planning and Research or other departments may assist in the process, but only if time permits and in coordination well in advance of the proposed start date once approval is granted.
Brunswick County Quick County Facts (U.S. Census information)
Brunswick County Profile (N.C. Department of Commerce – Access NC)
Statistical Abstract of the University of North Carolina System (UNCGA)