Registrar’s Office

Transcript Requests

Brunswick Community College is excited to announce we have now authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the web. Students can request transcripts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.   Official transcripts will be processed electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse’s E-TRANSCRIPT service.

A $2.00 transcript fee is charged for each official transcript sent electronically, mailed, or in person.  There is a $2.25 online processing fee for all transcript requests ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse.  Electronic PDF’s also have an additional shipping and handling fee of $1.00 which is charged by National Student Clearinghouse.

Click here to be directed to the NSCH website for electronic transcript ordering:  Electronic Transcript Request

Transcripts by Mail or In Person

Official Electronic transcripts will provide the fastest delivery method, however official transcript requests can be made in Student Services – Office of the Registrar, P.O. Box 30, Supply, NC 28462-0030 for a fee of $2.00 per transcript (available one business day after receipt of the request and payment) and/or an additional $5 on-demand processing fee per order for same-day service (on-demand processing is not available during registration days.)

Click here for the BCC transcript request form:  Transcript Request Form

Students must pay by cash, check, Discover, Master Card, or Visa in the Business Office or by calling 910-755-7318.  Students can also pay via WebAdvisor.

There is no charge for unofficial transcripts but we still require the signed Transcript Request form.


Document Printing

Former students who graduated prior to the Fall 2012 semester interested in having their certificate, degree, or diploma printed should complete a Credential Request for each document they are requesting, along with payment. The cost of each document is $15.00, payable by check to Brunswick Community College, or in-person by cash, check, money order, MasterCard, or Visa.

The cost of credential printing for current students is factored into your student fees. You should not complete a request form.

For GED/Adult High School Diploma Requests, please contact Foundational Studies at 910.755.7386

Drop/Add & Withdraw

Adding Courses

Students are permitted to add a class at any time prior to the start of the term, provided that registration is open and as long as there are no holds on your account.  Students receiving financial aid must have coursework pre-approved.

Dropping Courses

Students must obtain the signature of their advisor to drop a class. Financial Aid students must also obtain the signature of each instructor and a Financial Aid representative prior to submitting a drop form. All drops should be completed by the Office of the Registrar and can only be completed prior to the census date (10% point) of the course. Drops taking place prior to the start of classes merit a full refund; however, those processed on the first day of classes until the census date will only receive a 75% refund.

Withdrawing from Courses

Students may withdraw from a course after the census date and until the 65% point of the course. The last dates to withdraw from courses are published in the catalog for full-semester, 1st 8-weeks, and 2nd 8-weeks courses. Students should go to the Academic Support Office (A125) to initiate a withdraw. Withdraw forms must be signed by the student, advisor, a Financial Aid representative (if you are a financial aid or VA aid recipient), and instructor prior to submission to the Office of the Registrar. Official withdraws will be issued the grade of “W”, which will appear on your transcript but not factor into your GPA calculation.

Note: If documentation is received that you never attended the course, you will be issued a No Show with the grade of “NS” for the course, as you cannot withdraw from a course you did not attend. The grade of “NS” will appear on your transcript but not factor into your GPA calculation.

While the grades will not factor into your GPA, excessive numbers of “NS” and/or “W” grades may have further implications for your financial aid eligibility.

Withdraws After the Withdraw Deadline

Students may not withdraw after the withdraw deadlines unless extreme circumstances (medical leave, called to active duty military status, etc.) merit an administrative withdraw authorized by the Associate Vice President for Student Services and Enrollment Management, along with supporting documentation to this effect.

Instructors may assign a grade of EA (Excessive Absenteeism) if warrented or a final ‘letter’ grade.

Degree or Enrollment Verifications

Brunswick Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. Verifications will not be performed in-house. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:

  • Web –
  • Mail – National Student Clearinghouse | 2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300 | Herndon, VA 20171

Graduation for Curriculum Students


Applying to Graduate

All students, regardless of program, must apply to graduate at BCC (2016-2017 Graduation Application). Graduation applications are only accepted during the semester during which you will complete your program (though Summer students can apply during the Spring semester).  Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on the stated deadline on the application.

Click here to complete your graduation survey now!

In accordance with state and federal policy, a student will only be graduated from the highest-level status within a program in a given semester (i.e. An Associate in Arts student will only be awarded the A.A. degree, but not both the A.A. and Core Diploma in Arts. He or she may, however, receive both an A.A. and A.S. degree in a given semester.).

Cap & Gown Orders

To participate in the graduation ceremony, students must purchase a cap, gown, and tassel. These are available for ordering through the BCC Bookstore. The cost of cap and gowns is usually approximately $45, including tax. Students with a significant financial hardship which may prevent them from purchasing a cap and gown to participate in graduation should stop by the Office of the Registrar for more information.

Graduation Ceremony

BCC has one graduation ceremony per academic year in May for all graduates. Summer graduates are permitted to participate in graduation, provided they are registered for the last courses necessary to complete their program(s).

The graduation ceremony is not a certification of your graduation from the college, as your final grades and readiness for graduation must still be evaluated, and all outstanding debts to the college must be resolved before your are designated a “graduate” of the college for employment and educational purposes.

Graduation Honors

Students in Phi Theta Kappa and National Technical Honor Society will be recognized in the graduation program. A seal for these organizations will also be placed on their diploma.

In accordance with the catalog, graduating associate degree or diploma students who have achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.50 or higher at the end of the fall semester are eligible to wear the gold honor cord at graduation and are listed in the graduation program as “Honor Graduates”.

Other distinction cords are red for ECHS; teal for athletes; red, white, and blue braided for veterans. Cords will be provided to students who participate in the Commencement Ceremony.

GED/Adult High School Diploma Students

To participate in the graduation ceremony, you will also be required to purchase a cap and gown during the ordering dates. However, you will not submit an Application for Graduation to the Office of the Registrar. Please contact Foundational Studies at 910.755.7386 for more information on how to apply.


Current BCC Curriculum Students

All students must meet with their advisor prior to registration. Current students may pre-register during designated times.

New Curriculum Students

New students need to apply for admission, schedule the necessary placement test(s), and meet with an advisor to register. Typically, new students register during OAR (Orientation, Advising & Registration), provided they have taken all other steps in the enrollment process.

Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) Students

BLET students will have a separate registration day designated by the program director. Students must still complete all admissions applications, placement testing, etc. prior to this registration day. Additional information can be obtained by contacting Chantal Taunton at 910.7558088.


Grades are available via WebAdvisor at the end of the each term. Students should view their grades, and if they have any questions, contact the instructor directly.

Academic Recognition

Outstanding academic achievement by students is recognized each semester by publication of the President’s List, Dean’s List,  and Honor Roll in area newspapers for the Fall and Spring semesters. Copies are also posted outside of Student Services.

  • President’s List

The President’s List includes students who are enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours (academic support courses and courses offered through Institutional Service Agreements with sister colleges which yield credit from the other institution are excluded) and have achieved a semester grade point average of 4.0.  Students eligible for the President’s List must be in an associate degree, diploma, or certificate program.

  • Dean’s List

The Dean’s List includes students who are enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours (academic support courses and courses offered through Institutional Service Agreements with sister colleges which yield credit from the other institution are excluded) and have achieved a semester grade point average of at least 3.5 out of a possible 4.0 (with no grade lower than “C”). Students eligible for the Dean’s List must be in an associate degree, diploma, or certificate program.

  • Honor Roll

The Honor Roll includes students who are enrolled in 6 to 11 credit hours (academic support courses and courses offered through Institutional Service Agreements with sister colleges which yield credit from the other institution are excluded) and have achieved a semester grade point average of at least 3.5 out of a possible 4.0 (with no grade lower than “C”). Students eligible for the Honor Roll must be in an associate degree, diploma, or certificate program.

Grades of Incomplete

In certain circumstances, your instructor may issue you the grade of “I” for Incomplete. All work necessary to complete your course requirements must be completed by the end of the next semester (i.e. an “I” in a fall course must be remedied by the conclusion of the spring semester).

The grade of “I” can be replaced by an actual grade only by completing all work assigned by the instructor of the course. It is the responsibility of the student to make the necessary arrangements with the instructor to accomplish the required additional work needed to remove the “I” grade.

If the student does not satisfactorily complete the required work during the semester subsequent to receiving the “I” grade, it will automatically become an “F” and is computed in this way in the student’s grade point average.

Grade Changes

Students cannot initiate a grade change with the Office of the Registrar. If you feel you have a situation which merits a grade change, you must contact the instructor for that course first in accordance with the “Grade Appeal Procedure” outlined in the catalog. Also in accordance with this procedure, a student forfeits all right to challenge a grade in a course after the conclusion of the semester following the receipt of that course (i.e. a student may only challenge the grade in a spring course until the conclusion of the summer semester).

Documents & PDFs

Start your career...

Learn about our

View the current

Log on to


Peggy L. McNeil
Assistant Registrar
Curriculum Transcripts

Around the campus…

Quick Links

Web Design