2021 Commencement Ceremony
BCC will celebrate its graduates with a commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 8, 2021, beginning at 9:00 a.m., in the Odell Williamson Auditorium.
For this event, BCC continues to follow CDC’s guidelines and requires face coverings and social distancing while on campus and in the auditorium. To recognize our graduates, each student and their guest(s) will be able to walk into the auditorium, complete the graduation procession to the stage, and walk across the stage to receive their diploma cover, and be recognized for their accomplishments, all the while, faculty members and guests cheer them on.
To adhere to social distancing guidelines, a staggered arrival schedule is required. Each student will receive an email confirming their on-campus arrival time:
|Arrival Time||Waiting Area||Group|
|8:30 am||Parking Lot 7 – ATM lot||A: College Transfer: Associate of Arts, Associates of Science, and Associates of Engineering Degree recipients|
|9:00 am||Parking Lot 4 – Health Science Building||B: Career Programs: Professional & Technical and Health Sciences Certificate, Diploma, and Associate of Applied Science Degree recipients|
|9:30 am||Parking Lot 6 – Behind Building B||C: Adult High School and High School Equivalency|
- Graduates may bring up to 4 guests to the event within one vehicle. Other family and friends can view the ceremony via Livestream at https://www.facebook.com/BrunswickCommunityCollege
- The County Sherriff’s office will help direct traffic as you arrive and direct you to your waiting area. Graduates and guests will remain in the vehicle until their group is called.
- Once called, you will proceed in your vehicle and park in the front circle drive of Odell Williamson Auditorium.
- Graduates should be in their cap & gown, and have their BCC teal tassel and any designated cords. Graduates and guests must wear masks while in the Odell Williamson Auditorium.
- A professional photographer will be available in the front lobby of the auditorium to take your Commencement picture.
NOTE: The commencement ceremony is not a certification that you have graduated for employment and educational purposes. The Office of Records and Enrollment must review your final grades and certify that you have met all of the graduating requirements, including the payment of all outstanding debts to the College prior to awarding graduating credentials.
For questions, stop by and see us in OneStop Student Services, Building A or contact OneStop@brunswickcc.edu .