Registering for Classes
|Semester||Open Registration Begins||Tuition Payment Due||Classes Begin||Schedule Changes|
Brunswick Community College is committed to providing the services and resources you need to help you apply, register, and begin the fall semester.
Our dedicated staff members are available and ready to assist you from the comfort of your home using email, phone, or Zoom video conferencing technologies. To join the line for any of our virtual services, send an email to the service needed and a student service representative will contact you. Our staff is monitoring email Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and contacting students in the order requests are received.
- Admissions: email@example.com – Send an email to request assistance with applying to the college, application and residency status, User ID/Passwords, and high school transcripts.
- New StudentsAdvising/Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org – Send an email to schedule a Zoom session to register! Accepting appointments: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Returning Students Advising/Registration: email@example.com – Pre-plan your schedule using your Self-Service account. Send an email to the Academic Support office for an Advisor to review, approve, and register you for classes.
- Career and College Promise (CCP) Dual enrolled: firstname.lastname@example.org – NC Career Coaches are on duty to assist you. Email the CCP office for assistance with applying and registering for classes.
- Early College High School Students (ECHS): email@example.com – Contact your Early College High School guidance counselor to register for classes.
- Financial Aid/Brunswick Guarantee: firstname.lastname@example.org – Send an email to request assistance with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), Financial Aid Status, Verification, Work-Study, Satisfactory Academic Progress, and Veterans Benefits.
- Disability Services: email@example.com – Send an email to request assistance with Disability Accommodation Requests and testing services.
On-Campus Registration (Face Covering Required)
Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Students without technology or those who may be uncomfortable with technology are encouraged to come to campus to complete the registration process. A Student Affairs team member will assist you in accessing a Firebird Café virtual terminal work station and securing the services you need to enroll in classes.
In the interest of health and safety:
- Any student who has a temperature, has the virus, or has been exposed to the virus, should not come to campus. Services and resources can be provided to you by phone or email.
- Family and/or friends should not come with you. If you are traveling with family and friends, they should remain in your vehicle; only the student should enter the building.
- Face coverings are required. If you do not have one, a face covering is available at the Student Services Kiosk station.
- Upon arrival, if you have not yet signed in with the QLess App, sign into the QLess Kiosk (front door of Student Services), have a seat in Fins Grill or wait in your car; You will receive continual text messages of your status in line until you reach the front of the line. If there are other students in front of you, please be patient. We are assisting students in the order received and some services may take longer than others. Once you are notified that you reached the front of the line, return to Student Services so we can assist you.
We are here to help smooth your transition into the Fall semester! Email any additional questions you have to Dr. Denise Houchen-Clagett, Vice President of Student Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have you met with an advisor? A Faculty Advisor must approve courses to unlock registration through Self-Service. View your Self-Service account to obtain your advisor’s contact information.
- First Semester Students – Freshman must meet with a Success Coach to review your program of study, select, and register for your first semester classes. Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Returning Students – Registration for returning students is available through Self-Service once you have meet with your Faculty Advisor. Students may adjust schedules through Self-Service up until the day before classes begin. After that time, schedules may only be adjusted through the Academic Support office.
- Career and College Promise – Dually enrolled, Career and College Promise, students must meet with a BCC Career Coach to select and register for courses. A completed CCP Packet (authorization form and updated transcript) is required to complete the registration process.
- Early College High School Students – Early College High School students must meet with their high school counselor to obtain the paperwork required to register for classes. Once you have obtained the signed registration form, select courses in Self-Service, email the Academic Support Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the registration process.
I missed the Registration Date. Can I still attend classes? BCC offers classes that start at varying times throughout the year. Meet with a Success Coach to determine the best option for you.
I need to change my schedule. Will I receive my money back? Schedules may be adjusted any time prior to the start of a semester without payment penalty. A 75% refund will only be made for courses dropped after the first date of the course prior to or on the official 10 percent point of the class.
When is Tuition Due? Payment for tuition is due approximately one month prior to the start of the course or at time of registration. The amount of tuition due and payment due dates are also available within Self-Service. Payment for classes may be made online through Self-Service, by phone 910.755.7318, or in person at the Business Office. Payment Plans are also available through the Business Office. If you are a Financial Aid/Brunswick Guarantee Scholarship recipient, please email Financial Aid at email@example.com or check Self-Service to affirm your financial aid eligibility.