Brunswick County high school students who graduate with a 2.3 GPA and BCC GED/Adult High School diploma recipients are eligible to pursue a degree, diploma or certificate at Brunswick Community College at no cost. Free tuition, books and no fees!
What college costs are covered by the Brunswick Guarantee?
This scholarship covers all in-state tuition and fees not covered by financial aid or scholarships. This scholarship program also covers books up to $750 each semester.*
Who is eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee?
Scholarship recipients must:
- Be a resident of Brunswick County
- Be a United States citizen or documented lawful permanent resident of the United States
- Have been enrolled in a Brunswick County public school, private school, or home schooled in Brunswick County for the duration of their high school education, or attended a Brunswick County School, maintained Brunswick County residency, and received a GED/Adult High School diploma from Brunswick Community College
- Enroll at Brunswick Community College (BCC) within four semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer, Fall) of graduating a Brunswick County high school or receiving a BCC GED/Adult High School Diploma
- Earned at least a 2.3 unweighted GPA in high school or received a passing score on their GED®, HiSET® exam
- Complete a BCC Scholarship application and a Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Enroll in a curriculum (for credit) program (certificate, diploma, or degree)
Steps to Apply
- Apply to Brunswick Community College (BCC) www.brunswickcc.edu/apply/admissions-process Complete Residency Determination Interview and College Application
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov (available October 1st)
The FAFSA is required each year a student wishes to be considered for the Brunswick Guarantee Scholarship.
- Complete BCC’s Scholarship Application.
Students are required to complete a new application each year (available March 1st).
Click Here to Complete the Scholarship Application
- After graduation, new applicants must provide final high school transcripts to BCC. Returning BCC Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for the
- Complete all applications and submit requested documentation by the priority date of June 15th.
The completion of all requirements by the priority date ensures that eligible students will be awarded before the fall semester begins and tuition bills are due.
How do I remain eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee?
- Remain in good academic standing with BCC by maintaining a minimum of a 2.0 GPA in college coursework and completion of at least 67% of credit hours attempted each semester
- Annually complete a BCC Scholarship application and a Free Application for Federal Student Aid
How long do I qualify for funds awarded through the Brunswick Guarantee?
- Qualified students will be allowed no more than two program of study changes and will have a lifetime eligibility of 150%, pending funding availability. For example, a student who enrolls in a 60 credit hour college transfer degree would need to complete the program within 90 credit hours.
- A student who separates from the college for four (4) or more sequential semesters is no longer eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee Scholarship program
To learn more about the Brunswick Guarantee, please contact Brunswick Community College Student Services at 910.755.7320.
*Subject to eligibility and limitations