Brunswick County High School students may be eligible to pursue a degree, diploma, or certificate at Brunswick Community College with free tuition and no fees!
What college costs are covered by the Brunswick Guarantee?
This scholarship covers all in-state tuition and fees not covered by financial aid or scholarships. This scholarship program also covers books up to $750 each semester.
Who is eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee?
Brunswick County high school graduates from public, private, or home schools who meet the following criteria:
- United State citizens or documented lawful permanent resident of the United States
- Enrolled in a Brunswick County public, private, or home school for the duration of their high school education
- Earned at least a 2.3 unweighted GPA in high school
- Completed the Brunswick Community College Scholarship Application and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) processes
- Enroll at BCC within four semesters (fall, spring, summer, fall) after graduating from high school in a curriculum program (certificate, diploma, or degree).
Steps to Apply
- Apply to Brunswick Community College (BCC) www.brunswickcc.edu/apply/admissions-process Complete Residency Determination Interview and College Application
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov (available October 1st)
The FAFSA is required each year a student wishes to be considered for the Brunswick Guarantee Scholarship.
- Complete BCC’s Scholarship Application.
Students are required to complete a new application each year (available March 1st).
Click Here to Complete the Scholarship Application
- After graduation new applicants must p
rodive final high school transcripts to BCC. Returning BCC Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for the
- Complete all applications and submit requested documentation by the priority date of June 15th.
The completion of all requirements by the priority date ensures that eligible students will be awarded before the fall semester begins and tuition bills are due.
How do I remain eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee?
- Continue in good academic standing with BCC by maintaining a minimum of a 2.0 in college coursework and completion of at least 67% of attempted credit hours each semester
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Scholarship Application processes annually
How long do I qualify for funds awarded through the Brunswick Guarantee?
Qualified students will be allowed no more than two program of study changes and have a lifetime eligibility of 150%, pending funding availability. For example, a student who enrolls in a 60 credit hour college transfer degree needs to complete the program within 90 credit hours.
To learn more about the Brunswick Guarantee, please contact Brunswick Community College Student Services at 910.755.7320.