Brunswick County high school students who graduate with a 2.3 GPA and BCC GED/Adult High School diploma recipients may be eligible to pursue a degree, diploma or certificate at Brunswick Community College at no cost. Free tuition, books and no fees!*
What college costs are covered by the Brunswick Guarantee?
This scholarship covers all in-state tuition, fees, and books (up to $750) not covered by financial aid or other scholarship programs.*
Who is eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee?
Scholarship recipients must:
- be a resident of Brunswick County
- be a United States citizen or documented lawful permanent resident of the United States
- have been enrolled in a Brunswick County public, private, or home school in Brunswick County for the duration of their high school education, earning at least a 2.3 unweighted GPA in high school
- have attended a Brunswick County School, maintained Brunswick County residency, and received a GED/Adult High School diploma from Brunswick Community College, receiving a passing score on the GED®, HiSET® exam
- enroll at Brunswick Community College (BCC) within four semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer, Fall) of graduating a Brunswick County high school or receiving a BCC GED/Adult High School Diploma
- complete a BCC Scholarship application and a Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- enroll in a curriculum (for credit) program (certificate, diploma, or degree)
Steps to Apply
- Complete the admissions process.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov (available October 1st).
The FAFSA is required each year a student wishes to be considered for the Brunswick Guarantee Scholarship.
- Complete BCC’s Scholarship Application.
Students are required to complete a new application each year (available March 1st).
- After graduation, new applicants must provide final high school transcripts to BCC. Returning BCC Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for the
- Complete all applications and submit requested documentation by the priority date of June 15th.
The completion of all requirements by the priority date ensures that eligible students will be awarded before the fall semester begins and tuition bills are due.