BCC to Provide Free Tuition and Fees
BOLIVIA, NC – On Tuesday, March 14th, Brunswick Community College (BCC) in conjunction with Brunswick County announced a new scholarship program that provides free tuition and no fees for qualified students to attend BCC.
Details of the Brunswick Guarantee scholarship program were shared during a MOU signing event inside BCC’s Student Services and Enrollment Management office. Dr. Susanne Adams, BCC President, kicked off the momentous event welcoming County Officials, Commissioners, Board of Education members and guests. Brunswick County Commissioner Frank Williams addressed the group, speaking of the importance of the program and the County’s decision to provide funding for three years. Commissioner Randy Thompson took to the podium to share the thoughts behind the program, reminding us all of the amazing opportunity being afforded to students in Brunswick County. Brunswick County Schools Superintendent, Les Tubb examined the impact on local students followed by Brunswick Community College Foundation Board President, Mike Forte who closed the event. Mr. Forte shared the eligibility details and benefits of the Brunswick Guarantee and encouraged all high school seniors to consider this pathway into education.
Brunswick County high school graduates from public, private, and home schools who meet the following criteria are eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee:
- United States citizens or documented lawful permanent residents of the United States
- Enrolled in a Brunswick County public school, private school, or home school in Brunswick County for the duration of their high school education
- Graduated in 2016 or in subsequent years (2016 graduates will be the first group eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee)
- Earned at least a 2.3 unweighted GPA in high school
- Complete the BCC scholarship and federal financial aid application (FAFSA) processes
- Enroll in a curriculum program (certificate, diploma, or degree) at BCC within four semesters (fall, spring, summer, fall) after graduating from high school. Developmental coursework is not funded by the Brunswick Guarantee.
Students awarded must maintain a 2.0 in college courses and complete at least 67 percent of credit hours attempted each semester to remain eligible. Qualified students will be allowed no more than two program of study changes and will have a lifetime eligibility of 150% pending funding availability.
The Brunswick Guarantee covers all in-state tuition and fees not covered by financial aid or scholarships.
To learn more, please contact Brunswick Community College Student Services & Enrollment Management at 910.755.7320.