Professional and Technical Division
The Professional & Technical Division offers Associate, Diploma, and Certificate programs that prepare students for entry-level jobs in professional fields. These programs provide students with specialized training and skills that enable them to become employable and competent in their discipline. In many cases, students earn industry-recognized certifications. Opportunities to earn academic credits for successful transfer to universities are provided. A majority of our Career Programs also have transfer agreements which may allow students to enter a four-year institution with junior status.
Explore the Professional and Technical programs at Brunswick Community College by clicking the programs below.
Accounting and Finance | Basic Law Enforcement Training | Business Administration | Cosmetology | Criminal Justice Technology | Early Childhood Education | Health and Fitness Science | Health Information Technology | Horticulture Technology | Information Technology | Public Safety Administration | Turfgrass Management | Welding Technology
Brunswick County high school students who graduate with a 2.3 GPA and BCC GED/Adult High School diploma recipients may be eligible to pursue a degree, diploma, or certificate at Brunswick Community College at no cost. Free tuition, books, and no fees!*
What college costs are covered by the Brunswick Guarantee?
This scholarship covers all in-state tuition, fees, and books (up to $750) not covered by financial aid or other scholarship programs.*
Who is eligible for the Brunswick Guarantee?
Scholarship recipients must:
- Be a resident of Brunswick County
- Be a United States citizen or documented lawful permanent resident of the United States
- Have been enrolled in a Brunswick County public school, private school, or homeschooled in Brunswick County for the duration of their high school education, or attended a Brunswick County School, maintained Brunswick County residency, or received a GED/Adult High School diploma from Brunswick Community College
- Enroll at Brunswick Community College (BCC) within four semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer, Fall) of graduating a Brunswick County high school or receiving a BCC GED/Adult High School Diploma
- Earned at least a 2.3 unweighted GPA in high school or received a passing score on their GED®, HiSET® exam
- Complete a BCC Scholarship application and a Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Enroll in a curriculum (for credit) program (certificate, diploma, or degree)
Steps to Apply
- Apply to Brunswick Community College (BCC) www.brunswickcc.edu/apply/admissions-process Complete Residency Determination Interview and College Application
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov (available October 1st)
The FAFSA is required each year a student wishes to be considered for the Brunswick Guarantee Scholarship.
- Complete BCC’s Scholarship Application.
Students are required to complete a new application each year (available March 1st).
Click Here to Complete the Scholarship Application
- After graduation, new applicants must provide final high school transcripts to BCC. Returning BCC Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for the
- Complete all applications and submit requested documentation by the priority date of June 15th.
The completion of all requirements by the priority date ensures that eligible students will be awarded before the fall semester begins and tuition bills are due.