COVID-19 Student Resource Page
Brunswick Community College (BCC) is committed to making every attempt to support your needs during this unprecedented event. Provided below is a list of services and associated website links for support services available to you. We hope that this information will assist you in connecting with the College, community, state, and national resources.
- BCC COVID-19 Response
- BCC Support Service Contact Information
- CARES Act Emergency Funds
- Dolphin Cove Food Pantry: Contact Julie Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange food services.
- The ACE Computer Lab is open Monday-Thursday from 10am-2pm for student access.
- Golden LEAF COVID-19 Scholarship Application: Available for Continuing Education, Workforce Development students only.
North Carolina Resources for students:
- North Carolina Community College System COVID-19 Response
- North Carolina Department of Information Technology: Wifi Access Points, website links to free or low cost COVID-19 Internet Services
- Aunt Bertha – Search for free or reduced cost services like medical care, food, job training, and more on your NC Community College https://nccommunitycolleges.auntbertha.com/ Campus https://nccommunitycolleges.auntbertha.com/
- NC 211 – A program of the North Carolina Health and Human Services Commission, 2-1-1 NC connects North Carolina citizens with the services they need
- NCCARE360 Statewide coordinated care network to electronically connect those with identified needs to community resources and allow for a feedback loop.
- Unemployment Services
National resources for students
- Google Voice – Provides a phone number to use for calls with students
- The Steve Fund – Crisis Counseling for Students of Color
- Beyond the Food Pantry: COVID-19 Response for Students Who are Homeless or With Experience in Foster Care
- From the Hope Center: Beyond the Food Pantry: Supporting #RealCollege Students with Caring Enrollment Management and Financial Aid Practices During COVID-19
- Beyond the Food Pantry: Supporting #RealCollege Students During COVID19
- SAMHSA – Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Disaster Distress helpline 1-800-985-5990
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255 or text MHFA to 741741 to speak with a crisis text line counselor