COVID-19 Transmission Precautions
Effective April 6, 2022
After the most recent review of COVID information available for Brunswick County, effectively immediately, we will transition to masks optional for our entire campus. Instructors who would prefer to have masks required in their specific classrooms are able to continue with this requirement.
The Brunswick County Public Health Department has provided the protocol that we should use when exposures or COVID positive cases arise. If someone is vaccinated and was wearing a mask when an exposure to a positive individual occurs, then no quarantine is required. Exposure is defined as 6 feet or less for a total of 15 minutes or more.
If vaccinated with whole series and/or boosted
- You DO NOT have to quarantine, unless exhibiting symptoms
- Monitor yourself for symptoms for 10 days from last exposure – test on day 5, if possible
- Wear a mask when around others indoors during that time period
- If you develop symptoms, get a Covid test and stay home (follow “positive covid” protocol)
If not vaccinated or are not boosted
- Stay home (quarantine) for 5 days after your last contact with a person who has Covid
- If you can’t quarantine, you must wear a mask for 10 days
- Test on day 5, if possible
- Watch for symptoms – fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms and if they develop get a test and stay home (follow “positive covid” protocol)
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID-19, ISOLATE REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS:
- Stay home for 5 days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your house.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for an additional 5 days
- If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves
Reporting Exposures and Positive Cases
BCC is asked to report our cases or exposures to the Brunswick County Health Department. Therefore, all employee and/or student cases or exposures must be reported immediately to email@example.com. BCC administration, will notify the County Health Department.
Cleaning and PPE Supplies
More recent CDC guidance has called into question how well the COVID virus can be spread from surfaces and in most cases, disinfection is not necessary. However, BCC will make cleaning supplies and masks available throughout campus for anyone who wishes to wipe down surfaces such as desks, etc. Hand sanitizer stations have been added throughout campus and are readily available.
Guidance states that maintaining 6 ft of social distancing will help control COVID transmission. Please practice social distancing when and wherever possible. When it is not possible due to numbers or space limitations, masks are required.
FOR FACULTY, STAFF, AND STUDENTS: COVID 19 Quarantine/Isolation Guidelines