Welcome Job Seekers
We expect a full house at this year’s BCC Job Fair with room for up to 80 exhibitors, all with open positions paying at least $15 per hour. In addition to meeting with a wide variety of businesses representing at least nine different industries, you will receive FREE admission, FREE workshops, FREE headshots, raffles, and more. Your dream job may be just around the corner, so register today to attend. NOTE: Headshots will be available from 10:30 AM-1 PM.
Please park in Lots 7 and 8. Please do not park in front of the Sports & Aquatics Complex.
CAMPUS MAP AND DIRECTIONS
- Your resume. Nine out of 10 times, it’s the first thing employers will ask for after shaking your hand so you will want to bring a hefty supply of copies. Carrying them in a nice folder is a good idea. Remember to include all recent work experience, education, special skills, as well as accomplishments and awards.
- References. While not all employers will ask for references, it’s always good to have a list on hand just in case. Be sure to include email and phone contact information. If you have reference letters, bring those along too.
- Your confidence, smile, and willingness to learn. These can make all the difference in the world. Employers want to know that you are ready to give your all, which may include some additional training. While you are here, we hope you will check out the free workshops available.
- Your questions. Employers aren’t the only ones doing the interviewing. This is your opportunity to ask questions too, so write them down and don’t be shy.
Dress to impress. Business casual is a good way to go for a job fair. Of course, business casual means different things to different industries. Check out this article by Indeed for some great tips. Most of all, wear something that’s comfortable and makes you feel good.
As a reminder, a photographer will be on site. Professional-looking headshots are important, especially on certain types of resumes and social media platforms liked LinkedIn. Here’s your chance to get a great one free of charge.
We are adding exhibitors daily so please check back often.
|A to Z Equipment Rentals||Maritime Market Ventures, LLC|
|Aire Serve of Brunswick County||Maxim Healthcare|
|All Ways Caring Home Care||Medicare Medicaid Advisors|
|Arbor Landing at Compass Pointe||Monarch Roofing|
|Bald Head Island LTD||National Guard Armory|
|BAYADA Home Health||NC Ports|
|Behavioral Consulting for Autism||NC Works|
|Brunswick Community College||No Place Like Home Caregivers, LLC|
|Brunswick Community College OneStop Student Services||North Carolina Department of Adult Correction|
|Brunswick Community College Small Business Center||Novant Health Care|
|Brunswick County EMS||Oak Island Accommodations|
|Brunswick County Government||Odyssey Mechanical|
|Brunswick County Habitat for Humanity||Pinnacle Trailer Sales, Inc|
|Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office||PPD-Part of Thermo Fisher Scientific|
|Brunswick Electric Membership Corporation||Purely Cleansed LLC|
|Brunswick Transit||Right at Home|
|Byers Engineering||S&W Ready Mix Concrete Company|
|Carolina Coastal Cafe||Saber Health Care Group|
|Carolina Dunes Behavioral Health||Saltwater Shanty|
|Carolina’s Staffing Solutions||Senior Community Service Employer Program|
|Century Care Management||SEPI, a Division of TranSystems|
|Chase McKeithan, EOR||Shallotte Electric|
|City of Wilmington Fire Department||Sherwin-Williams Paint Company|
|Coastal Companion Care||The Coastal Group Staffing Agency|
|Columbus Correctional Institution||Timeless Tans|
|Corning Credit Union||Town of Belville|
|Custom Home Furniture Stores||Tri-Tech Forensics, Inc.|
|D.R. Horton||Troon-The Clubs at St. James|
|ECS Southeast LLP||UNC Health Southeastern|
|Express Employment Professionals||United States Army|
|Farm Bureau Insurance||Vocational Rehabilitation|
|First Citizens Bank||Walex Products Company, Inc.|
|FOCUS Broadband||Walgreen Co.|
|GFL Environmental||We Help at Home|
|Hardee’s – Boddie Noell Franchise||Wendy’s|
|Home Instead Senior Care||You Can Vote|
|HSM Machine Works/MA Group||YMCA Lower Cape Fear|
|Liberty Health Care|
|Lower Cape Fear LifeCare|
The BCC Job Fair features a number of FREE workshops. Here’s the latest lineup.
11 AM – Resume Revamp: If you need help updating your resume, this workshop is for you. You will learn what to keep, delete, and add to make your resume tell your story. Remember, Human Resources professionals generally spend about 7.4 seconds on each resume they receive. Let’s make every second count.
12 PM – Vocational Rehabilitation Workshop for Job Seekers and Employers:
Job seekers – Take this workshop if you’re looking for tips and guidance on how to meet your employment goals through education, counseling, education, training, job placement, assistive technology, and more.
Employers – This workshop will provide some great information on financial incentives, as well as the training and technical assistance you may need to help you recruit and retain a diverse and inclusive workforce.
1 PM – NC Works Employer Grant Opportunities:
Incumbent Worker Training – Provides reimbursement of up to $10K per project/$50K lifetime max
- Helps offset the cost to train current employees
- Increases skill level of current employees for promotion
- You identify the training
- Employer contribution
- 50 employees or less – Min. 10% of the cost
- 51 to 100 employees – Min 25% of the cost
- 101 employees or more – Min. 50% of the cost