The Career Center
The Brunswick Community College (BCC) Career Center empowers students to successfully transition from education to the workforce by providing educational pathways, internship opportunities, job search strategies, and ongoing career development. Why? Because BCC believes in you!
Through personalized mentoring sessions, students can explore their interests, skills, abilities, and values and discover potential career options to develop a personalized academic and career plan that meets their ultimate education and career goals.
Visit The Career Center on the main campus in Building A on the second floor, adjacent to the library.
- Career Exploration & Development – Evaluate your interest, personality, skills, work styles, values and abilities…then explore the variety of career options that may be an ideal “fit” based on your personalized results. Anyone can use this free career exploration tool. Start your Interest Assessment using BCC’s Career Coach Online
- Job Search Resources – Access BCC’s Career Coach Online to search for employment opportunities in your local area and beyond. The tool provides local salary and employer information, occupational growth projections, and information about Brunswick Community College programs that match your career interest. To broaden the scope of opportunities, create an account with NC’s Information Management Database.
- Employability Skills Training – Learn how to compose tailored cover letters, resumes, and professional references for a targeted job search. Get assistance navigating and researching the current job market, completing online applications, preparing for interviews, developing soft skills essential to the workplace, gaining confidence, and understanding and discovering your professional network.
If you are a previous student of Brunswick Community College and need career assistance, we can help! You have the same access to ALL the services available in the Career Center including career research and development, job search, employability and soft skills training. Re-activate or create an account on BCC’s Career Coach Online.
The Career Center staff is here to assist you in connecting with potential employees. Employers can create a profile and post available job opportunities on BCC’s Career Coach Online.
Here’s how to get started:
Step 1: Visit the Career Coach Online platform
Step 2: Click Sign Up and choose Employer sign up.
Step 3: Complete your account information
Step 4: Once approved, log in to your account
Step 5: Create a live job posting.
To further increase your reach, consider posting your job openings in the North Carolina Information Management Database. Job seekers in all 100 counties of NC will be able to access your listings at NC Works. You can self-register as an Employer. If you need assistance, contact the local NCWorks Office at 910-754-6120.
Employers can benefit from a more streamlined recruitment process by working with the Career Coach to screen potential candidates, ultimately leading to people well-suited for your organizational needs. Companies are also welcome to use the Career Center space for recruiting events.
- Don’t have time to meet in person for guided resume assistance?
BCC’s Career Coach Online can help you build your resume and use it to instantly apply to any Live Work Opportunities posted on career coach.
- Ready to create a brand-new resume or update your old one?
CareerOneStop’s Resume Guide will help you create a resume that will stand out in today’s job market.
- Want step-by-step guidance to build your resume and access available jobs?
Create your resume and connect to hiring employers in all 100 counties of North Carolina via NC Works.
- Are you interested in working for the North Carolina Community College System?
Discover openings at Brunswick Community College and 57 other NC community colleges
Find out relevant facts about occupations in order to make informed career decisions. The following free web-based tools provide current labor market information to guide your choices.
- College Foundation of North Carolina can help you Plan, Apply and Pay for college.
- What do you want to do for a living? O*NET can give you three ways to find out:
(1) “I want to be a…” (2) “I’ll know it when I see it.” (3) “I’m not really sure.”
- Career One Stop is a great source for Career Exploration, Training and Job Search.
- NCWorks Online is a one-stop online resource for job seekers and employers in North Carolina. Job seekers can search for jobs, create resumes, and find education and training. Employers can find candidates, post jobs, and search labor market information.
- NCcareers aims to be North Carolina’s central online resource for students, parents, educators, job seekers and career counselors looking for high quality job and career information.
- The 16 Personality Test measures five personality traits: Introverted versus Extraverted. Observant versus Intuitive (or in simple words, Practical versus Imaginative) Thinking versus Feeling (or in simple words, Logical versus Emotional). Personality refers to the enduring characteristics and behavior that comprise a person’s unique adjustment to life, including major traits, interests, drives, values, self-concept, abilities, and emotional patterns.
Occupational Outlook Handbook: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
Government Jobs https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina
Career Builder https://www.careerbuilder.com/
NC Careers https://nccareers.com/
USA Jobs https://www.usajobs.gov/
Zip Recruiter https://www.ziprecruiter.com/
NC Community College System Jobs https://jobs.nccommunitycolleges.edu/
- How can the Career Center help me choose the right career path? Our experienced Career Coaches can provide one-on-one guidance to help you explore your interests, skills, abilities, personality and values. Through personal assessments and discussions, we assist you in identifying potential career paths that align with your personal attributes and goals.
- What resources are available if you are seeking employment? The Career Center offers a variety of resources, including current job listings, internship opportunities, and employer networks. You can also discover in-demand careers and current work opportunities with employers through BCC’s Career Coach Online. Through a collaborative partnership with Brunswick County’s NCWorks Career Center you also have access to a broad range of work opportunities.
- Is there assistance to help me build my Resume? Absolutely! Our Career Coaches can help you create or update your resume, develop effective job search strategies, and prepare you to ace the interview.
- Are there workshops available to improve my job search and professional skills? Yes. Workshops on resume writing, interview skills, networking, essential soft skills and other professional development topics are available throughout the year through the Career Center. Stop by the Career Center for additional information on the workshops currently offered.
- Can the Career Center help me find internships relevant to my field of study? Absolutely! We have partnerships with local businesses and organizations that want to provide internship opportunities to BCC’s students. Our staff can assist you in identifying and applying for internships that align with your academic and career goals.
- Is the Career Center only for current students, or can alumni also access its services? Our services are available to both current students and alumni. Whether you are just starting your career or looking to make a change, the Career Center is here to support you throughout your professional journey.
- How can I stay updated on upcoming career events and job fairs? Stop by the Career Center to find out about upcoming events; or, keep an eye on our website and social media platforms for information on career fairs, employer presentations, and other networking opportunities.
- What online resources are available for career development? The Career Center provides access to several online tools, industry publications, and virtual workshop activities. You can start by using BCC’s Career Coach Online to explore your interests and use your personal results to explore your career and education options. Our Career Center staff are here for you should you need assistance.
- Can the Career Center help me apply to higher education institutions to continue my education? Yes, we offer support for those considering further education. Our Success and Career Coaches can assist you in researching graduate programs, preparing application materials, and exploring opportunities for continuing education and professional development.
- Is there a cost associated with the services provided by the Career Center? All Career Center services are FREE for potential and current students as well as alumni. This includes counseling sessions, workshops, and access to most learning resources including Career Coach Online.