The primary purpose of the Office of Student Financial Resources at Brunswick Community College is to provide assistance to students who without aid, would be unable to begin or Continue their college education.
To be eligible for financial resources, entering students must meet all admissions requirements, including the submission of all required transcripts and enrollment in a Title-IV eligible program of study. Returning students must be in good academic standing and must not exceed the maximum enrollment time frame for graduation from their program of study. Students needing financial assistance should contact the Brunswick Community College Office of Student Financial Resources for information and applications
BCC federal school code: 015285
Apply for your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID
You will need this unique number for several important financial aid-related tasks. APPLY for your FSA ID
Complete your FAFSA
- If you have never filed a FAFSA before or have not set up an FSA User ID (this replaced the PIN that was previously used), this is your first step. You can do this at https://fsaid.ed.gov.
- After you have established your FSA User ID, go to https://fafsa.ed.gov.
- After you are on the FAFSA website, select “Start Here.” Make sure you select the correct year when applying for financial aid.For Fall 2019-Summer 2020 enrollment, complete the 2019/2020 year.For Fall 2020-Summer 2021 enrollment, complete the 2020/2021 year.
- If you need help from a customer service representative, select “Live Help” at the top of the screen. You do not have to exit the website or go to a phone to receive fast, courteous, real-time help.
- Our School Code is 015285 and you will need to add this to your FAFSA when prompted.
- Review your answers and if necessary correct them before transmitting your application.
- You can now submit your FAFSA. The website then takes you to a web page that confirms you have successfully transmitted your FAFSA. Note your confirmation number and your estimated Expected Family Contribution (EFC). This EFC is used to determine the types and amounts of aid you may be receive.
You will need the following information before submitting your FAFSA:
- Tax return(s), W-2 forms and/ or Schedule C for the appropriate year.
For 2019/2020 FAFSA, you will need 2017 tax information. For 2020/2021 FAFSA, you will need your 2018 tax information.
- Current bank statements
- Records of other savings and investments
We recommend using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to complete your FAFSA. This online tool pulls information from your federal tax return and ensures your application is filled out accurately.
U.S. Department of Education Funding Your Education: The Guide to Federal Student Aid
Review your Student Aid Report (SAR)
After your FAFSA is processed, you’ll receive a Student Aid Report either by email or through the mail, depending on whether you filed an electronic or paper application.
The SAR uses your FAFSA information to determine your estimated family contribution (EFC). Your EFC is the money your family can contribute to help you pay for college. BCC subtracts your EFC from the cost of attendance to figure out your financial need.
Be sure to review your SAR for accuracy. You can make corrections at https://fafsa.ed.gov. If you received your SAR by mail, make the corrections on your paper SAR, then sign and return it to the address on your SAR.
Once the corrections are processed, you’ll receive a revised SAR. Be sure to keep a copy of your SAR for your records.
Respond to Requests for Additional Information
After your FAFSA is processed, BCC will receive your information electronically. You must have filed an application with Admissions with your social security number included.
If there is additional information required for verification of your FAFSA information, the BCC Student Financial Resources Office will contact you via your BCC email address, by email on your FAFSA and/or by mail at your permanent address on file with the Admissions Office. We will need for you to address any additional information requirements before your financial aid can be finalized and applied to your account. So, please check your email every day.
Receive Notification and Check your Aid
Congratulations! You’ve completed all the necessary financial aid paperwork. When you receive your notice about your financial aid status from BCC, any grants for which you’re eligible will be accepted on your behalf and credited toward your tuition and book charges automatically.
Check your Self Service account to view any offered financial aid awards. You will need your Self Service login information.
Learn About Additional Aid
Please keep in mind that not everyone will qualify for a Federal Pell and/or be eligible for a grant large enough to meet educational costs. Luckily, there are several other ways to finance your education at BCC: