BCC Graduates 67th Basic Law Enforcement Training Class
October 6, 2022 — Area law enforcement is seven outstanding officers stronger as Brunswick Community College (BCC) graduated the 67th Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) class. The ceremony took place at Odell Williamson Auditorium and was attended by students, family, friends, instructors, BCC leadership, and representatives from area law enforcement departments.
Graduates and their sponsors include Kayce Leigh Burris, Sunset Beach Police Department, Christopher Leroy Cain, Leland Police Department, Virginia Lynn Caton, Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office, Kevin Matthew Doherty, Southport Police Department, Chad Allen Pruitt, Sunset Beach Police Department, Vincent Paul Rivera, New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office, and Kevin Patrick White, Leland Police Department.
Eric Holloman, Dean of Professional & Technical Programs, Lt. Obbie Blanton, BLET Director, James D. Smith, BLET Assistant Director, and BCC President Gene Smith presented the certificates and awards.
Awards included the following:
- Perfect Attendance, Christopher L. Cain and Vincent P. Rivera
- School Director’s Award: Christopher L. Cain
- Highest Academic Average: Kevin P. White
- High State Exam Average: Kayce L. Burris
- Physical Fitness Leadership Award, Christopher L. Cain
- Top Driver’s Award, Kevin P. White
- Top Firearms Award, Vincent P. Rivera
- Class Leadership Award, Kayce L. Burris and Kevin P. White
The Susan B. Johnson Instructor Recognition Award was presented to Deputy Clarissa R. Reece of the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office.
We are incredibly proud of and grateful for these officers and their dedication to serving our communities. Congratulations!