Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) (A45110)
The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum provides knowledge skills, and strategies to integrate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in a dynamic environment, and to meet individual needs which impact health, quality of life, and achievement of potential. Coursework includes and builds upon the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, and the holistic individual. Content emphasizes the nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing safe, individualized care while employing evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and informatics.
This program has selective admissions requirements. Contact Student Services or the Nursing Department for information.
The Associate Degree Nursing program at Brunswick Community College, located in Supply, NC is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, GA 30326
|Summer Semester #1|
|Fall Semester #1|
|BIO 168||Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
|ENG 111||Writing & Inquiry||3|
|NUR 111||Introduction to Health Concepts||8|
|Spring Semester #1|
|BIO 169||Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
|NUR 112||Health-Illness Concepts||5|
|NUR 114||Holistic Health Concepts||5|
|PSY 150||General Psychology||3|
|Summer Semester #2|
|NUR 113||Family Health Concepts||5|
|PSY 241||Developmental Psychology||3|
|Fall Semester #2|
|NUR 211||Health Care Concepts||5|
|NUR 212||Health System Concepts||5|
|Humanities/Fine Arts Elective||3|
|ART 111, ART 115, HUM 115, MUS 110, MUS 112, PHI 215, PHI 240|
|Spring Semester #2|
|ENG 114||Professional Research & Reporting||3|
|NUR 213||Complex Health Concepts||10|
|Total Program Credits||72|
Additional student information:
• Must be a graduate of a state approved NA program OR be licensed as a Practical Nurse (PN), before applying to the nursing program.
• Must complete all non-nursing courses with a grade of “C” or higher. All nursing courses must be completed with an exam average of “80” or higher.
• The Nursing Information Session in Moodle must be viewed, and the Confirmation Quiz completed before applying to the nursing program.
• Must score at least a 59 or higher on the required TEAS nursing entrance exam. Exam must be completed before applying to the AND program. Scores are only good for 3 years.
• BCC has an articulation agreement with UNCP for ADN graduates interested in pursuing their BSN. Please speak to an advisor for further information.