Fire Service Training is delivered directly to individual fire departments. Training held in local fire departments allows personnel to utilize equipment they will actually use in controlling fires. Fire Service classes include:
• Arson and Unlawful Burning
• Fire Apparatus Practices
• Fire Fighting Practices
• Forcible Entry
• Hazardous Materials
• Ladder Practices
• Portable Fire Extinguishers
• Protective Breathing Equipment
• Rescue Practices
• Rope Practices
• Salvage and Overhaul Practices
• The Company Officer
• Continuing Education
• Emergency Vehicle Driver Class (FIP-3601 FF Certification class)
March 10 and March 11, 0800-1700 each day at the Leland Fire Department. Pre-registration is NOT required.
• Fire Instructor I
30 hour class begins on March 11 at Calabash Fire Department
• Fire Officer III
80 hour class, Executive Fire Officer level. Must have FO II to register.
Class begins May 18 at Leland Campus
• Firefighter Academy hosted by Southport Fire Department
All required classes for FF I and II will be offered and you may take the classes A La Carte.
See the attached flyer for dates and times. Pre-registration is not required.