Tuition and Fees
The North Carolina General Assembly sets tuition rates for in-state and out-of-state residents.
Cost of Attendance
- In-state tuition: $76.00/hour
- Out-of-State tuition: $268.00/hour
- Books/Supplies (approximate): $600.00+ semester
|Semester Hours||In-State Tuition*||Out-of-State Tuition*|
|16 Hours or more||1,216.00||4,288.00|
|Semester Hours||Activity Fee||Technology Fee||Insurance Fee||Total Fees|
|7 hours or more||$32.50||$16.00||$1.50||$50.00|
|1-3 hours||No Activity Fee||$8.00||$1.50||$9.50|
Students are responsible to remit payment for classes at least 15 or more days prior to the start of the semester to maintain your seat in class(es). Students are also responsible for dropping courses in which they do not plan on attending before the first day of class to avoid being liable for tuition and fees.
Log into your Self-Service account or call the Cashier’s office, 910.755.7318, to pay tuition over the phone.
Need Help Paying Your College Tuition?
Apply for Financial Aid to determine your eligibility for federal, state, and local grant and scholarship opportunities. Refer to BCC’s Financial Aid & Scholarship webpage for additional information and step-by-step guidance on how to apply.
BCC Payment Plan
BCC is pleased to provide students with a Tuition Payment Plan. This plan allows you to pay your tuition fees in monthly installments.
Payment methods: Cash, check, VISA, Discover, MasterCard, or Money Order
You have three options to enroll in a Tuition Payment Plan.
- Enroll and set-up a Payment Plan through your Self-Service account. (Log into your Self-Service, select “Make a Payment”, select “Create a Payment Plan”; or
- Visit the Business Office, Building A, first floor. Complete the Tuition Payment Plan Enrollment Application and make your first payment.
A payment plan is not effective until you have made your first payment. During peak registration periods, a Payment Plan Requests may take up to 24 hours to be processed if not submitted through your Self-Service account.